Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Muffin Mania Fan Mail

Hi Martha,
Through word of mouth, I heard that you will be re-publishing your  grandmother's gem of a cookbook. I am 36 years old, and grew up with a mother who continually made muffins from Muffin Mania. When I moved away  to university, I brought the recipe for Best Ever Banana muffins and made them for my roommates (they never lasted long!) I also wrote out the recipe in a notebook that I took with me when I taught overseas in  Thailand, Malaysia, and Trinidad. I didn't have an oven in Malaysia--but the neighbors did, even though they were bachelors who never cooked. The  deal was that I could use their oven to bake muffins--as long as I left  some behind. It was a taste of Canada overseas.

My parents moved from their home of 35 years to a condo in Burlington two years ago. My Mom was willing to give me every cookbook she owned--except  for the tattered Muffin Mania, of course! I had to make do with the recipes I had scrawled from the book on scraps of paper. Last year, my husband and I were at a local flea market when I spotted an almost pristine copy of Muffin Mania on a used book stand....for a dollar! I was thrilled. Now I can bake even more of the recipes. I couldn't believe it  when I read the Star article that the cookbook is selling for over $100 used.  

I am very, very happy that you will be re-publishing, and would love to  purchase a few copies of the book for friends. I will keep checking your  website to find out when ordering can begin.

All the best, I am willing to bet you will begin another wave of 'Muffin  Mania'!

Sincerely,
Chantal Mancini
Hamilton, ON 

No comments:

Post a Comment